Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Post-firing...

late night firing madness...
Armed with a 24 inch steak and cheese hoagie and a six pack of Shiner "Family Reunion" I headed up to Little Mahoning Creek Pottery to take my first shift firing the wood kiln with Nancy Smeltzer...click on her name  to get to her new blog. Nancy will be using the blog to post pictures of her new work and events happening around the greater metropolitan area of Smicksburg, PA. I now also have a link on my blog roll on the sidebar that will take you directly to Little Mahoning Creek Pottery...use it often to check out whats going on there.

But back to the kiln talk, Nancy and I finished the firing, just shy of 20 hours, right before 2:00 am with cone 11 down, top and bottom. Now all that's left is the waiting...that and the continued making for our next firing...probably in a few weeks. Nancy and I are both busy making new work for the upcoming Fall season...she has "A Fair in the Park" coming up the 7-8-9 of September(click for more info),which is always a good show as well as keeping an inventory in the gallery AND we have the Indiana County Potters Tour event coming up in mid October as well as a couple Indiana County Potters group, group shows also taking place...The Clay Place in Pittsburgh, PA next month and The Artists Hand Gallery, Indiana, PA. through the month of October.

So be patient with me and keep your hands busy...its a good time to sit and "make". Before you know it the kiln will cool and I promise you will be the next to see what we unloaded...until then.

No comments: