Thursday, October 24, 2013

Fresh for Fall...



I'm keeping it short and sweet in the wordy words department these days like I said a few posts back...but I wanted to just acknowledge my very eventful weekend and post a bunch of new pics for you to have a peep at.

My 6th year on the Indiana County Potters Tour was a good one and it was wonderful to return to my old stomping grounds and visit with Nancy Smeltzer. I saw a lot of old friends and even met some new ones...


And then last Saturday night I trucked my butt from the cozy hills of Smicksburg all the way into Pittsburgh to go to the opening of Rival Cities: One Field at The Clay Place at Standard...and I am glad I did! Graham Turnbull and his father Jim, the owners of Standard Ceramic Supply Company, played host to a large crowd that turned out for this great show. Works from ceramic artists living in Baltimore and Pittsburgh were chosen to be shown and the opening was strategically marked to happen the night before the big Steelers and Ravens game. Football is serious stuff around here. There are so many really nice pieces in this show and it spans all interests...absolutely luscious wood fired functional ware to brightly colored, object based, sculptural narrative pieces. I feel lucky to be in such good company and also to be treated so well...GO STANDARD!

I still have a couple events coming up and I have also listed a lot of new pieces in my Etsy shop...and as promised, here are some new PICS!...take a gander at some of my new stuff and if you feel so inclined, click on over to my Etsy shop and purchase something for yourself...or a friend...or yourself.

Hope to see you this Fall...










No comments: