Monday, April 21, 2014

Spring Affair...


I have something to confess, I am having a new love affair. Its a little unusual but I think you might understand when you take a peek. I have her number...257...and shes white and pure as the driven snow, but strong too...and I love having my hands all over her body. I like it when she gets really hot and its great seeing her with a true blue friend...kinky huh? Not really...I am talking about Standard Ceramic's high fire porcelain #257.

In the last few posts I mentioned firing the car kiln at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts and how much I have become interested in the results. I have been playing with some new glazes and slips and have become blown away by how crisp and bright all the glazes look on the porcelain compared to stoneware. I mean BIG difference. So I decided to start throwing way more porcelain and gear a good portion of my work toward the gas kiln right now. I am still firing a good bit of cone 6 in the electric but I figured why not take advantage of having the car kiln at my disposal. The results are so sexy that I am going to keep on making more...AND, I'm not even sure how many decals I will be using...if any on some of these babies. Can it be I am just satisfied with the look of the blue celadon on the porcelain body...who knows...maybe. So I am just going to play it cool, take it easy and let this affair continue...let's see where it goes.

Check out the pics...Happy Spring and I hope you had a relaxing Easter...







AND, my Etsy shop is full of these new goodies and more decal mid range pieces too...click here to check out the shop!

1 comment:

carter gillies said...

Great pots and gorgeous colors, Kyle! I may be developing a long distance crush of my own!