Monday, May 26, 2014

I'm All Clay and Bones

Happy Memorial Day!

I like this piece so much, I thought I would blast out a quick post about it! As the result of the class I've been teaching at Pittsburgh Center for the Arts, I ended up with a pretty nice piece...actually this piece is the by- product of two classes. The form, I made in an intermediate class when teaching about  making a stacked form and the surface came as I was demo-ing decals in my surface design class...first the laser transfer at 04 and then the bling at 018. It was originally fired to a cone 10 reduction in a big, car kiln and I wasn't super thrilled about the glazes and how they turned out but now...man, I'm glad I pushed on with that one.

front
back

I also have some nice new high fire porcelain and stoneware mugs in my Etsy shop too...check them out here and go there if you feel compelled to take this to the next level.






Thanks for looking.

No comments: