Sunday, April 6, 2008

Greener Pastures and Fallen Heroes...

I'm doing something that I have never done before. I mean never. I am posting images, albeit snippets and 'in progress' images, of the new work that I'm finishing for my upcoming two-person show at Boxheart Gallery. Its sort of a little preview...the trailer...I thought, what the heck, I love using my new light kit set up...it is so great to just shoot sweet images whenever you want with NO hassle. So here ya' go...visual blurbs of a few pieces...

I am into the new pieces...they are very different in many ways to my wood fired pieces but there are similarities connected to the finishing of the surfaces with multiple firings and imagery layered over and over. I will admit, the color took a bit of 'dealing with' on my part. I am very into color, but just not all the time. The pieces for this show however, tend to be on the brighter side. They are about cozied -up modernity. How human sentiment and nostalgia collide with clean, organic voluminous form. Emotion reflected in the objects around us.
The show is titled Greener Pastures and Fallen Heroes...Boxheart Gallery, Pittsburgh, Pa. It is a two-person show with painter Shawn Watrous... April 29th-May twenty something...Opening Reception is Saturday, May 3rd 6-9 pm...please come.

No comments: