Saturday, September 6, 2008

Couples...

I thought this was appropriate today as me and the family get ready to go to a friend's wedding this afternoon...ahhhh, couples...so here is a posting with pairs of images...including the post card for the opening of the show I am in celebrating 250 years of my adopted home town...Pittsburgh. If you are in the area, come out for this one! It is promising to be one of the biggest opening events in some while...













I have three lovely couples up next...some of the final pieces I finished off from Chautauqua...















This is a extra large cup and saucer...It is my Mr.Wrestling no.2 Cup and Saucer to be specific...the cup itself is just over 4 inches deep and 5 1/2 inches wide...thats allota java!



















R2D2 was in need of some bling...I recently sold this piece off of my etsy shop...homeslice ...the homeslice shop is my shop for my mid-range work...lotsa color...lotsa funk.






















This is a piece that I finished up with some gold lustre here and there over the commercial decals that adorn the surface. It is an Espresso Rhyton...I was working on these forms a while back and have recently become interested in them again...a rhyton is an ancient Greek drinking vessel that has an elaborate and usually carved foot with masculine imagery...but it rests on the opening...the foot is not functional so when you fill it, you have to drink it all before you put it back down. Here I re-gendered it, re-purposed it, and gave it a mash up look that bounces back and forth between clean modernity and grandma's knick-knacks!

My last couple for this post is from my own little girl...Kate is 6 and she asked me specifically if her pieces could be on my website. Computer savvy at six! It is a different world we live in today and it changes so quickly...much like my daughter...I never fully understood how true people were being when they said "kids grow up so fast" until now...

The first piece is...Two Snakes in a Bed...and the second is a self portrait stamped with her name and ready for hanging!...These are both from my most recent wood fire...You can see a couple new pieces from the same firing in my other etsy shop... homefry , in fact there will be more coming as soon as I finish up the decals! So, happy couples day and congrats to my friends Thad and Nikki on their wedding day!

1 comment:

Patricia Griffin Ceramics said...

Love the mugs and imagery. I checked out your etsy shop and then saw that you have two. Great idea for marketing different styles.