This was a really nice bowl, that is before it cracked in the firing....now its a helpful back fill bowl, I usually truck my compost in to pack in around new plantings.
I fired this guy in grad school. Its a rugged clay body fired in a wood kiln, then fired it again in the electric with my decal graphic image, that's where it cracked. Its great border edging material currently.
I really liked the shape of this one, I also liked the way the glaze fired out...I liked it all except for the big crack in the bottom...oh well, more creative garden edging for the beds.
This was a nice size piece that was just full of issues...glaze problem, wobbly legs, surface design...you name it... Now its kinda nice in the garden with its anthropomorphic handles, it looks like its screaming from behind the daffodils.
This is the first year that the wood hyacinth actually bloomed through this piece, I did not plant it in there , it just found its way up and through the open bottom of this terra-cotta piece...if you look closely you can see a wood fired and decal-ed mug wedged in the gap. It was good up until I dropped it while carrying to much at once. Speaking of wood fired, Nancy and I have set June 1 and 2 as the dates for firing the train kiln. I have a mess of B-mix and I'm ready to start throwing this week...I wish you all more pots and gardening in your near future.