Friday, September 16, 2011

As promised...

At the end of my last post/tirade, I promised I would post more pots...and so I am. In between moving and packing and commuting to work, I have been able to eek out some work. But first I would like to thank all those who responded to my "up on my soapbox" post. Obviously I am passionate about the subject but now I am personally involved. I appreciate your comments, input and kind words as I believe these are issues that effect so many people...I received a handful of comments on the ol' blog but also emails and facebook messages regarding the post. Hey, what's a blog for if not to blast one out here and there.













So, the images above and below are glamour shots from the wood firing last week...Nancy had most of the kiln as she was preparing for a big festival in the Pittsburgh area but I did have 15 mugs and few other miscellaneous pieces inside the kiln. As usual the bourry box kiln delivered another solid firing in about 20 hours give or take. Nancy and I added a mixture of salt and soda for a little extra shine. We will be firing the wood kiln one more time and most likely the salt kiln too all in preparation of the upcoming Indiana County Potters Tour. The tour takes place on the weekend of October 15-16...its always a very well attended event for us and we are looking forward to seeing your smiling faces. This year at Little Mahoning Creek Pottery, Nancy will be hosting not only me but also another potter named Amanda Wolf. Come on out to the studio...2 wood kilns, 1 salt kiln, and the new gallery space that is made from re-purposed 100 year old barn board that Nancy salvaged. There's a little something for everybody to check out while toolin' around in the autumnal countryside.
Now that I have given the infomercial for the tour...have a sneak peak at just some of the of the work you you will see, mugs and basket from me and "corndalabras" and ewer from Nancy.

No comments: