Saturday, September 8, 2012

Having an "A Fair"...

me-ooow...
..."in the Park" that is... OK, that's a bit awkward for an opener but whatever...anyways, that's where I was Friday afternoon in the steel city...A Fair in the Park. I stopped by to see two of my favorite potters, enjoy the warm, late summer afternoon, check out some art work, and gab a bit...and maybe even pick up a mug or two. Well homies, I'm here to say that I was successful on all fronts...I visited with both Nancy Smeltzer and Christy Culp AND got a mug from each one...then enjoyed checking out the other artist booths! Mission accomplished.
check out the fine salty details!!
In the spirit of all mug loving, blogging potters out there, I thought I would share a couple pics of my new mugs...the top pics are of a salt fired beauty by Nancy with a crazy cat, all hunkered down into a big lump ready to pounce, and the one below here is my glossy new majolica mug from Christy...which I will be drinking my java from in the morning.
turning over a new leaf...
If you are in the Pittsburgh area on Sunday, I highly recommend checking out this great three day festival(click the link above for more info)...stop by and say hello to Nancy and Christy, buy your own mugs, and just soak up the fine early Autumn weather...hey, what else do you have to do, the Steeler game isn't on until Sunday night!

Stay tuned for more...things are really starting to pile up around here.

1 comment:

cynthia said...

Sounds like a great day - I always try to pick up a new mug or 2 when I go to a show. Love the salt fire cat mug and I'm not much of a cat person either.