Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dear Etsy...


Dear Esty,

I hope you can forgive me. I have neglected you for a long time now...pushing you aside for other venues that are more direct and with less changes. I have seen the error in my ways and I would like to breathe a little life back into my online shop that is homefry : eclectic ceramics. It seems that the shutters had been drawn and the virtual dust had accumulated on the virtual shelves where once there were wonderful virtual ceramic wares. I pledge to you that those days are behind me and although I will continue to send work out to those large percentage taking "brick and mortar" spaces, I will not, and I repeat, will not use those "other" online art shopping sites. We had some good times in the past and I am hoping we can bring some of those glory days back. I am willing to give you another chance, if you are willing to give me another chance. Your my girl...um,er...site, or something.

P.S.  Below are some pictures of some of the pieces that I have now listed in my etsy shop...click to see bigger.

P.S.S. I hope people visit the shop...homefry : eclectic ceramics






5 comments:

HeidiMCF said...

ryiHow timely! I just started adding work to my Etsy shop last night! I have a shop on Big Cartel, but it just can't compare to the traffic Etsy brings. I forgot how fun the community on Etsy can be. Now if I can figure out all the changes. :)

LaPellaPottery said...

Etsy has always been my fall-back girl. I need to make her my main squeeze.

lomaprietapottery said...

Kyle - beautiful work as always. Good to see you back on Etsy. I've been paying more attention to my shop recently as well.

k.houser said...

Thanks for the comments everybody...its good to hear similar stories...I am trying to bring my etsy shop back to life...its seems like the only thing buzzing in my shop might be the flies because my shop is so dead...looking for ways to change this...open to all ideas...suggestions?

HeidiMCF said...

So earlier this week, maybe last week, Etsy changed how people search. Ugh. I suggest using one tag for your name and one for your business name so people can find, or else good luck.