Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Flamingos, Flowers, and Cocks...


Finally...I'm posting new work that I have recently finished. This is all mid range stuff...cone 5 and then fired a couple more times to incorporate the laser decal images (04)and then the commercial decals and gold luster(018).
Its a very funky bunch, full of pattern collisions and assorted imagery combining together to create a sort of painterly surface. 9 of the best of the bunch have already headed to The Chautauqua Institution to be sold in the Strohl Art Center Gallery Store. You will be able to find the rest in my Etsy shop soon and in a Self Serve Pottery Kiosk near ...me. Speaking of Chautauqua, I was up at Little Mahoning Creek Pottery today with Nancy to meet with Judy Barie, the Gallery Director for Chautauqua. Judy was stopping by to pick up work for an exhibition that Nancy has been curated into there... in the "new as of last year" Fowler-Kellog Gallery. It was really good to see Judy again, she is a hard working gallery lady that does such a wonderful job putting together exhibitions and coordinating so many of the events that take place within the galleries. Seeing her today made me a bit nostalgic for my last few summers and I will miss some of the familiar faces that I have come to know over the last three years up in CHQ. as I will not be returning this summer to be KILN MASTER!...click here for my farewell post. It looks like my beginning ceramics class will make here at IUP for the summer and there's an online 101 class that I also hope to be teaching second session too. Anyways, it was great to gab about our past adventures with Judy and I'm sure I will see her down the line.

Check out the slide show of my snazzy new pieces...I hope to be posting more new work all summer!


1 comment:

.Ashley.Lin. said...

!WWWWAAAOOOOOGGGGGAAAAAA!